Sunday 31 July 2011

Journalism Internship in Brasov, Romania.



Last summer I managed to combine two passions of mine, travel and writing, by undertaking a journalism internship in the Romanian city of Brasov.
The internship was a voluntary placement organised with the company Projects Abroad (www.projects-abroad.co.uk). I worked on The Village magazine, which promotes the real Romania to tourists and locals alike.


It was an amazing experience; I got to travel all over Transylvania, visit remote villages and meet inspiring people. I also had several articles published in the magazine. Unfortunately the English version is only available in print and not online, but I have written an account of my experience for the Projects Abroad website which can be found here: http://www.projects-abroad.co.uk/why-projects-abroad/volunteer-stories/?content=journalism/romania/victoria-richman/
For any Romanian speakers, or any one who would like to look at some pretty pictures of Romanian scenery, then please visit the website: http://www.revista-satul.ro/

No comments:

Post a Comment